Cocktail of the Week: Adult Ice Cream Soda
By Evie Payne
3rd Nov 2023 | Local Features
Congleton Nub News has joined forces with a regular reader to share a 'Cocktail of the Week' feature.
Launching this new series, Josh has stepped back in time to bring you a twist on an American diner classic: the Adult Ice Cream Soda.
Thought to have been invented in New York 1874, the humble ice cream soda has been jazzed up throughout the years, but this twist is definitely our favourite so far...
- generous scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 50ml amaretto
- 25ml vodka
- squeeze of lemon juice
- cream soda
If you don't like your drink quite so sweet, try swapping amaretto out for some alternatives: cointreau will add a fruity edge, or spiced rum will give it a pirate-y kick!
- add your scoop of ice cream to a tumbler or long glass
- pour over your amaretto and vodka and 'swirl' gently
- squeeze over a drop or two of lemon juice to combat the sweetness
- top with cream soda and watch it foam
Check back next week for another Cocktail of the Week, shared each Friday to get the party started.