Fire in Congleton Park believed to have been caused by discarded cigarette

  Posted: 17.02.21 at 16:11 by Tom Avery  

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section




Firefighters attended a fire in Congleton Park last night which is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

Shortly before 7pm on Tuesday night, firefighters were called to a fire involving rubbish in Congleton Park.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "The crew used water to put out the fire which is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

"Cheshire Fire and Rescue would like to urge all not to discard smoking materials into bins before they are extinguished.

"Please ensure that cigarettes are fully extinguished before disposal. A small fire can easily develop into a large fire."

One fire engine from Congleton attended the incident.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Eyebrows were raised this week when Chris Hamriding Estate Agents were seen at Buglawton Primary School. But fears of the popular school setting be...
Read more...

Share: