Congleton man arrested on suspicion of rape in Liverpool

By James Kelly 1st Sep 2020

A Congleton man is among five others arrested following the alleged rape of a 16-year-old girl in Liverpool city centre on Sunday.

Officers descended on an apart-hotel in the city centre after an incident was reported to police shortly before 4:30am.

Merseyside Police said the six men had been taken to stations across the region to be questioned.

The police spokesperson said on Sunday: "An investigation has been launched and two 20-year-old men, one from Congleton in Cheshire and one from Stoke-on-Trent, have been arrested on suspicion of rape.

"Four other males (three aged 18 years and one aged 19), all from Stoke-on-Trent, have been arrested on suspicion of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

"The victim and her family are receiving specialist support and forensic examinations are ongoing at the scene."

Share:


Sign-up for our FREE newsletter...

We want to provide congleton with more and more clickbait-free news.