Fire in Congleton Park caused by disposable barbecue being left in a bin

  Posted: 03.05.21 at 17:57 by Tom Avery  

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section




Firefighters attended a fire in Congleton Park earlier today (Monday, 3rd May) that was caused by a disposable barbecue being left in a bin.

At 2.15pm, firefighters used a water pack to extinguish a small fire in the park.

A Congleton Fire Station spokesperson said: "Please take care when handling and disposing of barbeques as this could result in serious burns and cause large fires."

The crew were detained at the scene for around 15 minutes. One fire engine from Congleton attended the incident.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Officers from Cheshire Police and North Wales Police managed to track down two males in Congleton thanks to two police dogs. The officers from the ...
Read more...

Share: